||This page features vendors and suppliers of custom blues harps, diatonics, chromatic harmonicas, microphones (mics), amps, harmonica holders, and more.
- Harmonica Store.com
- Support this website by making your harmonica-related purchases from our very own Harmonica Store where you will find "Only the good stuff". We solely recommend the products that we would use ourselves or give to a friend. You can: Buy Harmonicas | Buy Harmonica Song-Tab books | Buy Harmonica CDs | Buy Harmonica Instruction | Buy Amps & Microphones | Guitars, Keyboards, Drums, Accordions, Melodicas, & more. "Great prices and pro recommendations!"
- Harmonicas for Sale
- Great prices on harmonicas, harmonica accessories, guitars, home studio recording gear, keyboards, amps, microphones, saxes, trumpets, and much more. www.harmonicas-4-sale.com
- Jackivel Harp Belt and Mic Bags
- "Brazilian Harp Belt for up to 7 or 12 diatonics. There's also a mic bag for Bullet, Astatic, and custom mics."
- Jon Gindick's Harmonica Central
- Harmonica Central, Jon Gindick's established webstore / publishing company. Instructional books, CDs, cassette lessons, and videos are available.
Harmonica Masterclass Company
- Workshops, instructional materials, and products are available.
- "Harmonica software that uses the computer mic to help the student actually see what they are playing, also includes tab to follow along with."
- Spirit and Blues
- "Harmonica cds backing track cds and Eddie's harmonica radio show."
- Harmonica Videos
- "All kinds of harmonicas: diatonic, chromatic, bass, chord, double bass, polyphonia, little lady, harmonetta, etc. All kinds of music: blues, jazz, classical, rock, swing, funk, C&W, more! A "who's who" of harmonica performers from across the world, living and deceased, in solos, duets, trios, quartets, etc., movie apearances, etc."
- Brendan Power's Custom Harmonicas
- "Unique custom harmonicas are for sale; these can be purchased by secure credit card transaction."
- Harmonica made by Georg Pollestad
- Norwegian harmonica maker, has supplied instruments for some of the best chromatic players
in the world. His chromatic harmonica has three octaves; slide movements and shock absorbers have been especially developed for smooth action and easy assembly; gold-plated mouthpiece; screws for the mouthpiece made in titanium preventing galvanic sensations; reed-plates: interchangeable long-life from Hohner. Can be delivered in tuning as requested.
- Antony Dannecker Harmonicas
- "Custom Hand Built Harmonicas: Sales, Repairs, Customisation & Complete After Sales Service Centre."
- "Turboharp.com is the home of AntakaMatics, Inc. which offers a variety of innovative harmonica products developed during years of scientific research on the physics of the harmonica. Products currently available include the TurboLid, a sleek, ergonomic harp cover engineered to snap directly on to a number of popular harp models, and the TurboHarp AX-S20, a reasonably priced, modified Special 20. The TurboHarp AX, a fully optimized harp, and the TurboHarp ELX, an electric harmonica, are currently in development."
- BoogieChile Custom Harmonicas
- "Offering affordable Vintage and New Style Custom Marine Band harmonicas."
- Backyard Brand
- "Backyard Brand is "soul" purveyor of FlashHarp harmonica USB drives. Now anyone and everyone can get a whole lot out of the harmonica."
- Harmonix Harmonicas
- "Designers/makers of the first electric and wireless harmonicas. The instrument incorporates a front mounted cartridge system to accomadate quick key changes. Amplification is by slot-in modules to the rear of the instrument."
- Harmonica Necklace
- "Our harmonicas, made by Hohner, are about an inch long. Big enough to have 4 holes, so they play 8 notes. They are mounted on a 30" waxed cotton cord (it looks like leather). Children love to wear them as bright jewelry. So do adults (just children at heart anyway). The cord is decorated with assorted bright colored beads."
Amps, Harmonica Cases, & Others
- Bottle 'O Blues Handmade Microphones
- "The Bottle 'O Blues microphone is a handmade harmonica microphone designed specifically for playing the blues. Like the blues itself, these mics are not perfect, polished, and gleaming. What they are is inexpensive, great sounding, and just plain look like they were made to play the blues."
- Hot Harmonica - Harp Transducer
- "For the harmonica, a piezo transducer is a good means of transmission because the harmonica's sound is not exclusively defined by air vibration but also by a certain amount of vibration translation to the instrument's corpus itself."
- Harmonica Honker
- "Microphone especially designed for harmonica players. Samples available at this site."
- Fat Bottom Harp Mics - Chuck Gurney
- "Home of the Controlled Reluctance Harp Mics, fine crafted custom harmonica microphones. CR/CM repair, sales and service. Sonny Jr. endorsed CR elements."
- Silverfish Custom Harmonicas & Microphones
- "Hand crafted precision built custom harmonicas and harmonica microphones with high impedance output and volume control for blues harmonica."
- Blues Harp Mics
- "Building truly custom blues harp mics for professionals and enthusiasts. From old school cool to very different and unique great sounding mics you will be proud to own."
- Jukester's Harmonica Supplies
- "Vintage harp mics, harps, amps, effects and parts, Geared to those amplified blues harp players using old school equipment and vintage rigs. Source of the internationally acclaimed book, "The Quest For Tone In Amplified Blues Harp".
- BlowsMeaWay Productions
- "In_line Volume Controls for mics, Custom Mics, cables and adapters, Modification Services, Kalamazoo amp specialist."
- Harp Mic Gaskets
- "Gaskets for most all harmonica microphones, a few mics for sale, tips from the trenches, and a message board for amplified harp players."
- Mojo Hand Mics
- "Vintage and fine hand crafted figured wood harmonica microphones."
- Sonny Jr. Amplifiers
- "Producer of fine custom harmonica amplifiers, harp virtuoso Sonny Jr. knows how an amp should sound, feel and respond on stage, and how to fit the sound to any room. This is a harp player's amp designed by an experienced performer, Gary "SonnyJr".
- Winfield Amps- Harpo
- "Harpo is built especially for harp players. The combo is a 1x10" with an Eminence Legend 105. It has two inputs and an adjustable line out that can be routed to the PA. The prototype went through an evolution through live use by Paul Atherton, the Harp Player in my band "Winnie and the Breeze". He used an old Shure "Green Bullet" and put the amp through its paces for a couple weeks of practice. It is about 12 watts, two 6V6 power amp. 6L6s can be substituted without re-biasing."
- Vintage47 Guitar and Harp Amps
- "Vintage 1940's Valco Supro Oahu National Gretsch period correct amplifier replications."
- KMI Homepage
- Makers of Rod Piazzas amp; the Harp King.
- Warbler Muse/Juke Amplification
- "Handbuild Harp Amps since 1989 -- Standard production model - Juke 810 Harmonica Amp and Custom Amps and Mic mods.
Owner - G.R. Croteau, Harmonica Player since 1962 -- Tube Amp Repairs and Restoration since 1968"
- Buffalo Amplifiers...Classic 50's Tone
- "Buffalo Amplifiers proudly introduces a reproduction of the 1950's Gibson GA20 14 watt, 1x12" combo harmonica/guitar amplifier. Each amp is custom made from premium choice components and materials. Using brand new original manufacturer transformers and hand wired point to point circuitry, Buffalo Amplifiers captures that classic 50's tube tone that only a GA20 can produce."
- Zeppelin Design Labs - 2W harmonica tube amp
- "Manufacturer / distributor of the Percolator, 2W harmonica tube amp. Available pre-built or as a kit. Matching 1x8 speaker cabinet available."
- Skip Simmons Amplifier Repair
- "Twenty years experience in restoring vintage amplifiers for harmonica players, including Rick Estrin, Mark Hummel and Charlie Musselwhite. Pioneer of the restored and modified PA amplifier for harp use."
- Holmes Engineering
- "Manufacturers of the Holmes Harp Commanders. We offer free PDF downloads of books we have written and published. Examples are: Soldering 101, Harmonica Player's Guide to Getting Heard: Make Your Gear Work For YOU!"
- Hot Amps Custom Shop
- "Online custom shop specialized in HOT boutique and customized guitar, bass as well as special amplification products (including harmonica amplifiers). HOT amps are excellent fully hand-built and customized all tube amplifiers of extraordinary sound quality; made in Europe by point-to-point hand-wired method using selected high-end “old-school” components and materials of the finest quality"
- GordoTone Cable Foundry
- Handcrafted in the USA. Premium vintage-retro styled harp mic and guitar cables.
- Hetrick Harmonica
- "A website that sells harmonica cases, harmonica mikes, harmonica amps and other accessories and gear."
- Slim's Custom Harmonica Cases
- "Slim's Custom cases specialize in exclusive, made to order, hand made custom harmonica cases. We can work with you one to one, to design your perfect bespoke case made to your exact requirements, or you can have your case designed around our own signature harmonica case, a truly original concept, built around the unique principle of being microphone stand attachable. Lowest prices on the web."
- Cumberland Harmonica Cases
- "Custom made leather harmonica cases, harmonica belts, bandoleers and much much more. Wholesale direct to the public. All of our cases carry a Lifetime Guarantee."
- HarpJack-The Ultimate Multi-Harp Holder
- "A tough hard-working harp rack. It mounts on a standard mic stand and allows amazing no-hands control. You'll Change keys in seconds without snagging your hair or loosing your audience."
- "HarpHugger Horn" is my newest and most versatile hands free harmonica holder. Individually cast, drilled and milled plastic resonator and holder. It slips over a directional mic and secures with a set screw. Diatonic harp slides in and is secured with a set screw. Dirt simple, rugged, feedback impaired. Roadworthy."
- Perform Harmonica Holder
- "The original Perform harmonica holder offers perfect solutions when playing harmonica together with guitar. Its construction provides a good and secure positioning of the harmonica. The Perform harmonica holder is fixed at four points on the acoustic guitar, so it can't move when playing music. The musician doesn't need to care for the holder and as a result playing acoustic guitar and harp together will be enjoyable and fun!"
- Clyde's Harmonica Holders
- "Clyde's Unique Mulit-Harp Harmonica Holders for quick key change during playing, and between songs. Holders for 3 - 7 Harps at once."
- Magnetic Harmonica Holder by HarpLock
- "Play hands-free without a rack around your neck. Use one mic for vocals and harp. HarpLock-Magnetic uses a single rubber covered magnet to hold your harmonica safely and securely at the grill of a microphone."
If you have a harmonica-related website and would like it listed here, please email us with the web address, site title (or player's name), brief description, and the page it should be included on. Also, if you find any 'dead' links or have changed the URL to your site, let us know so we can make the update.
To open any of the pages in a new browser window, right-click and select "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW" ("NEW WINDOW WITH THIS LINK" in Netscape). Macintosh users should click and hold on the link until you can select the same option.
SAMPLE VIDEO: Harmonica Instruction for Beginners
- Over 45 Hours of Video Lessons -
Attend up to 12 Live Classes per Month
* Dave Gage - 30 Year Teaching Pro
SAMPLE VIDEO: Advanced Harmonica Instruction
Dave explains how the concept of "Follow Through", as found in many sports, also applies directly to your breathing and airflow.
Dave explains the value of not just learning a scale up and down, but dividing it into smaller "bite-size" chunks, which can then be used as blues riffs.
Dave demonstrates how you can use the "Tonguing" technique to create interesting sounds such as the "Chicken Call".