Harmonica Clubs & Organizations
||This page features harmonica clubs, organizations, and associations for harmonica players and fans alike.
- SPAH (USA)
- The home page to the national institution for the harmonica (Society for the Preservation & Advancement of the Harmonica).
- LARHA (USA)
- Los Angeles Regional Harmonica Association. "One of the primary goals of LARHA is to promote the many harmonica gigs throughout the Greater Los Angeles area, and indeed all of Southern California. Of special interest to all players are the unique jam sessions currently being held at various venues."
- NHL (Great Britain)
- All you ever needed to know about the National Harmonica League in Great Britain.
- Denver Mile High Harmonica Club (USA)
- "We are a fun group of Harmonica Players that meet once a month to learn new techniques or play old ones. There is a range of talent
from novice to expert. Many types of instruments are played including diatonic harps, chromatic, bass, and chord harmonicas. And all types of music are played -- blues, bluegrass, classical, standards, jazz, etc."
- Gateway Harmonica Club "GHC" Club (USA)
- "GHC was organized in 1987 for the purpose of preserving and advancing the playing of harmonica music in the Greater St. Louis, Missouri (USA) area. In the period since its founding, the club has provided not only fellowship, learning and enjoyment for its members, but also a source of entertainment and cheer for audiences both young and old."
- Little Walter Jacobs | The Little Walter Foundation
- "The Little Walter Foundation was founded to preserve the legacy and genius of Little Walter. The founder, Marion Diaz Reacco, is Little Walter's daughter. The foundation will create programs that will teach the creative arts to future generations. We are gaining support from Chicago Blues artists like Billy Branch and Buddy Guy and Ruby Andrews. We hope to develop critical mass quickly and reach the global blues community."
- Mundharmonika Schweiz (Switzerland)
- "The home page of the only national harmonica association in Switzerland. You will find the names of about 50 groups, the annual program and many interesting links and addresses."
- Harmonica Organization Of Texas "HOOT" (USA)
- "The Harmonica Organization Of Texas! The largest harmonica club in Texas. Come check out articles, photographs, events, newsletters,
instruction, and links to all the best harmonica sites on the web. This
site has message boards, classifieds, on-line harmonica store, 4-sale or
trade, and chat rooms for the harmonica enthusiast."
- SunCoast Harmonica Club (USA)
- "We are a Harmonica club in west central Florida. Made up of a wide variety of skill levels and experience. We're always looking for new members in our area.
We organize group seminars, meet at Harp gig's and share information to help each other learn harp."
- The Harmonica Club (USA)
- "The Harmonica Club is a group of guys and girls that meet every Tuesday night in Huntington, WV. We record a lot of our sessions and post them online. So grab a C harp, check out the website, and play along."
- Harmonicist Collective (Australia)
- "Our club was formed in the later half of 2004 by half a dozen harmonica/harp enthusiasts headed up by local blues muso & harp tutor Merewether Fats (Mark Salter); with the aim to positively promote through fellowship and musicianship the benefits of harmonica playing for self and others, in the local Newcastle & Hunter valley region of NSW Australia."
- SouthSide Harmonica Club of Virginia Beach
- "SouthSide Harmonica Club of Virginia Beach is located in Virgina Beach, Virginia. We include players at all levels, and welcome beginners. We meet weekly for fellowship and to practice as a group for our frequent community playouts. Each player also performs a solo each week for self-improvement. We meet at a location on General Booth Boulevard from 6:00 to 8:30 on Monday nights. We promise a warm welcome to new members at any level, including those just starting out."
- "Gary Allegretto is the founding director of Harmonikids, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, providing music therapy to special needs children worldwide for over 15 years. Harmonikids has been actively providing the therapeutic healing power of music to kids with incredible material, physical and/or emotional challenges widely ranging from traumatic stress, to abuse or abandonment, to health problems, to terminal illness. Facilities visited range from children's hospitals, Ronald McDonald Houses, burn recovery centers, Cerebral Palsy centers, juvenile at-risk centers, orphanages, disaster evacuee facilities, refugee camps and more."
- Louisville Harmonics
- A club for community outreach and personal pleasure, a 34 year tradition, Louisville, KY. A way to improve your skills and improve your talent.
- London Harmonicas (England)
- "London Harmonicas is a group of harmonica players who meet twice monthly in London. We don't just play blues! Come and join in."
- Acoustic Harmonica Society- AHS (USA)
- "The Acoustic Harmonica Society Of Florida is all about FUN and having fun, whether it be playing the harmonica or listening or Working on them (tweaking), or even just talking about harmonicas. Sometimes going out to dinner and enjoying the fellowship of other players. We hope you enjoy the site and have FUN!"
- Web site of the Harmonica Association of France. You can access both French and English pages from one front page. It also contains information about the1999 World Harmonica Festival, held in France.
- SPAH's International List of Harmonica Clubs and Societies
- This page compiles nearly every harmonica club and organization in the world. Most of the clubs don't have a web site up, but all the listings include the mailing addresses and/or email addresses for contact.
If you have a harmonica-related website and would like it listed here, please email us with the web address, site title (or player's name), brief description, and the page it should be included on. Also, if you find any 'dead' links or have changed the URL to your site, let us know so we can make the update.
To open any of the pages in a new browser window, right-click and select "OPEN LINK IN NEW WINDOW" ("NEW WINDOW WITH THIS LINK" in Netscape). Macintosh users should click and hold on the link until you can select the same option.
SAMPLE VIDEO: Harmonica Instruction for Beginners
- Over 45 Hours of Video Lessons -
Attend up to 12 Live Classes per Month
* Dave Gage - 30 Year Teaching Pro
SAMPLE VIDEO: Advanced Harmonica Instruction
Dave explains how the concept of "Follow Through", as found in many sports, also applies directly to your breathing and airflow.
Dave explains the value of not just learning a scale up and down, but dividing it into smaller "bite-size" chunks, which can then be used as blues riffs.
Dave demonstrates how you can use the "Tonguing" technique to create interesting sounds such as the "Chicken Call".